Here is this weeks menu...
Weekly themes are as follows:
- Mac-n-Cheese Monday - a jazzed up version of mac-n-cheese each week with a protein
- Taco Tuesday - Mexican fare
- Wang Chung Wednesday - Asian fare (sometimes becomes "Wacky Wednesday" and it's pot luck)
- Tuscan Thursday - Italian cuisine
- Fish Friday
- Slow Cooker/Simmer Saturday
- Sandwich Sundays - this can be anything from burgers to panini's to cold cuts
***Saturday and Sunday are interchangeable depending on your families schedule that week.
As always, at the end of each recipe there will be a link to direct you to the site where I found these meals. You can print from the blog page or from the link that I provided.
- My daughter has a peanut allergy so we substitute and/or omit items that may be in a particular recipe, please do the same if you or anyone in your family has any allergies/dietary needs/personal preference (vegetarian).
- Some meals that I put on the menu will be my first time making them as well. So feedback is always appreciated
- If there is a meal that I know my kids will not eat I will make a "kid friendly" version of it for them, I will make note of this within the recipe.
- All families grocery budgets vary so please adjust ingredients or brands to fit the needs of your family.
- The majority of the meals are 30 minutes or less. We all have busy schedules!!!
Monday - Farfalle w/Creamy Mushroom Gorgonzola Sauce
*You can serve this alongside a steak of your choice or grilled sliced chicken.
*My kids do not like mushrooms, so I only put in half the amount called for and chop very small so they do not notice the mushrooms are in this dish...tricky:)
Serves 4-6, Ready in 25 minutes
Giada DeLaurentiis, Everyday Pasta.
Recipe was obtained from Tastebook and Jackie Opitz
Tuesday - Chili Suizas Bake &
Ground Chicken Quesa's for the kids
(the short cut to this process is using store bought salsa verde)
*Alternative for the kids: use the reserved, cooked ground chicken and make chicken and cheese quesadilla's for them.
Serves 6, Ready in 30-40 minutes
Rachael Ray, Food Network chilisuizas
Wednesday - Sweet n Sour Sirloin Stir-Fry
w/Ranch Mashed Potatoesfoodnetwork.com
Serves 4, Ready in 30 minutes
Rachel Ray, Food Network sweetnsoursirloin
Thursday - Crock Pot Lasagna & Side Saladcreatingthroughlife
*See variations below
1. Spray the inside of the crock-pot with cooking spray
2. Brown the ground beef
3. Stir the tomato sauce in with the ground beef
4. Spread 1/4 of the meat sauce on the bottom of the crock-pot
5. Arrange 1/3 of the uncooked noodles over the sauce (I usually break them up so they fit better)
6. Combine the cheeses in a bowl. Spoon 1/3 of the cheeses over the noodles.
7. Repeat these layers twice
8. Top with remaining sauce
9. Cover and cook on low for 4hrs (I've started the crock-pot on high in the morning before I leave for work and then put it on warm when I leave and it's perfect when I get home)
10. Let the lasagna stand in the crock-pot with the lid off for at least 10 minutes
* Variations *
1. Add chopped onion and garlic to the ground beef in step 2
2. Use Italian sausage in place of ground beef or with ground beef
3. Add 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese to the cheese mixture. Replace cottage cheese with Ricotta.
4. Add 1/2 cup additional shredded mozzarella cheese to the top of lasagna 5 minutes before serving
***Serve this with a simple spinach or tossed salad
Serves 4, Ready in 4-6 hours
Creating Through Life crockpotlasagna
Friday - Salmon w/Citrus Dijon Spinachrachaelrayshow
*Kid alternative: I will serve spinach mixture on the side of salmon instead under the salmon.
Serves 4, Ready in 30 minutes
Rachel Ray Show searedsalmonandspinach
Saturday - Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serves 4, Ready in 6-8 hours
Real Mom Kitchen crockpotchickentortillasoup
Sunday - Salami & Gouda Panini on Ciabatta
w/Veggie of Choicebravotv.com
*I increase the ingredients to make enough for 6 sandwiches.
*You can omit roasted red peppers for the kids sandwiches.
Serves 4, Ready in 15 minutes
Top Chef, Season 1, Dave Martin salamiandgoudapanini
Hope you enjoy and have a SUPER week!!!