Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pinned it and Did it!

I have developed quite an affinity towards Pinterest.  Whenever I am on my phone the hubby says, "Are you looking at Pinterest again?!"  He becomes both worried and excited, that either another project is lurking around the corner for him, or because he gets to try another (hopefully) delicious recipe.

So, I have decided to do a fun and random segment for the blog, called... "Pinned it and Did it!"  In these posts I will share with you the Pinterest idea, product, craft, etc. that I tried.  Success or not!!!

Right after being introduced to the world of Pinterest I came across a super cute idea for couples.  It is a picture frame, scrapbook paper, and dry erase marker.  The picture below is the one I used for my inspiration.  I have also seen ones on a bigger scale using a chalkboard in the kitchen.


original source unknown
if this is yours please let me know

 

I purchased two 5x7 frames, two dry erase markers, and used scrapbook paper that I already had.  I placed a frame one my and my husbands nightstands.  Each day we put a little something on the frame to remind us how much we appreciate each other.  Some days they are serious and other days they are just funny.  It is such an awesome idea.  We both enjoy seeing what the other has written and it gives us another thing to chat about.   

my (less fancy) version


This project was super easy and cheap, but the benefits are huge! 


No comments:

Post a Comment