I have tested and tried out many cleaning solutions and ideas to get that sticky, tacky, yellowish brown grease out of my kitchen. I am sure you all know what I am talking about. That grease can be found on the cabinets, light fixtures, and under the microwave that is over the stove. And finally I found it, Isopropyl Alcohol (rubbing alcohol)! As I stated before this is not a "natural" product, but it works and the unpleasant fumes that it gives off are short lived and gone as soon as the area is dry.
Try on a small test area before you start!!!
I take the rubbing alcohol and put on a cotton ball to test the area first. Once I determine the area is safe, I dampen a rag with the alcohol and wipe the surface. Depending on the amount of grease build up, it may take cleaning it twice to remove all grease.
I have successfully used Isopropyl Alcohol on my waffle maker, kitchen cabinets above the stove, underneath of the microwave, light fixture, and toaster oven.
Rubbing alcohol is a highly flammable compound that must not be used or combined with flames, lighters, gasses and extreme temperatures.
Rubbing Alcohol Facts | eHow.com
While in my search to find this wonderful degreaser I also learned that Isopropyl Alcohol can be used for many other things. Such as: window cleaner, permanent marker remover, stain remover on laundry, mold remover (especially in showers), and it can melt frost off of windows. So if you come across a stubborn stain or that grim in the kitchen look no further than your own cabinet.